About Conservative Renal Care
Conservative renal care is a treatment option that provides full kidney care for people with advanced kidney disease. This type of care does not include dialysis.
If you choose conservative renal care, you and your healthcare team will work together to develop a treatment plan to address all of your needs throughout your care journey. This could include:
- care meant to slow down your kidney disease and lower your risk of having complications
- monitoring and treating your symptoms
- emotional and psychological support
- support with daily tasks
- sensitivity to your cultural and spiritual beliefs
- support for you, and your family and caregivers
Speak to your healthcare team to learn whether this care is right for you.
This definition is based on the Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes definition of comprehensive conservative (renal) care, which describes it as planned, holistic patient-centred care for people with stage 5 chronic kidney disease.